Spicy Roasted Acorn Squash Wedges October 06 2015
A unique and spicy twist on a basic roasted acorn squash recipe, these amazingly delicious squash wedges are roasted and then drizzled with a tangy chile lime vinaigrette.
- 1 medium sized acorn squash, cut into 12 wedges
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chile peppers, minced (I used Cayenne, but any kind will work)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and mist with cooking spray.
- Arrange squash wedges on baking sheet, and then lightly mist with an olive oil mister, and sprinkle with ½ of the salt.
- Roast squash in oven until tender, about 25- 30 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer squash to a platter, sprinkle with paprika, drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 3 wedges
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 80 calories; 3.5g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 1g protein; 2g fiber